Located west of the gorgeous San Jacinto Mountain, Eugenia’s Sweet Home Care is a welcoming place that nurtures ailing spirits and frail bodies. The small home atmosphere allows caregivers to offer the utmost in personal attention and individual assistance to all its residents. The foundation of this assisted living facility is years of experience in caring for the elderly.
Our philosophy is:
- To provide the highest level of care to our residents’ needs and desires in order to maintain their dignity, happiness and well being.
- To offer a home that is comfortable, friendly and safe.
- To promote independence and support residents to function at their highest levels possible.
- To facilitate communication to residents’ family members and healthcare providers.
- To emphasize our residents’ quality of life.
Carefully selected staff of caregivers, housekeepers and other providers, strive to achieve the best quality of professional services. We offer:
- 24 hours assisted living care and supervision
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and individual needs
- Incontinence care
- Medication management
- Housekeeping including fresh linens and towels
- Personal laundry
- Hair stylist and nail beautician
- Escort to medical appointments
- Short-term stay (so family caregivers seeking a break can rest)
Designed with comfort and safety in mind our home is customized for the elderly.
- Charming bedrooms for 12 residents
- Private or semi-private inhabited rooms
- Walker and wheelchair accessibility
- Central air-conditioning and heating unit
- Wide door bathrooms with conveniently placed grab bars
- Large dinning rooms
- Cozy living room and intimate lounge
- Secured courtyard with walking and sitting areas
- Garden with year round blooming flowers and fruit trees
Fresh nutritious home-cooked meals are prepared daily. Special dietary accommodations are offered to residents with food allergies, diabetes, kosher, lent, low sodium, vegan or vegetarian diets. Sample menu:
- Breakfast: buttered toast, eggs, cottage cheese, trio fruit salad, milk, orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate and tea
- Lunch: baked salmon, lime & cilantro rice, roasted carrots, spring mix salad, bread rolls and butter, ice cream, sparkling apple juice
- Happy Hour: fruit pie and gatorade
- Dinner: grilled ham & cheese sandwich, cucumbers & cherry tomatoes, milk
Planned recreational and social programs offer great therapeutic value to our residents. Activities include:
- Birthday parties
- Holiday celebrations
- Arts and crafts
- Chair exercises
“Eugenia’s Sweet Home Care is a one of a kind place, for which the name doesn’t do enough service. I placed my 92-year old mother there, at a point when I couldn’t meet here increasing needs anymore, but I was still nervous about making such a major change in her life. Sweet Home had been recommended to me by a friend who talked about it in so many favorable terms. We were not disappointed at all. The place is neat, well organized, and fully staffed by people who are skilled, compassionate, and always available when residents need them. Eugenia, the owner has the heart of an angel and the experience to go with it. She knows when to step in and help a resident in distress, how to communicate with the family members, with medical personnel, and other agencies involved in her clients’ care. In Eugenia’s Sweet Home my mom was treated with tender care, around-the-clock attention, and love. I’ll be for ever grateful.” Georgeta Dyson, Azuza, CA
“It was a very emotional experience to find care for my aging and ill parent. My father in his 80s, found himself needing assisted living care. From the moment I stepped into Miss Eugenia’s Sweet Home Care, we were greeted with a very warm home-like environment. Very well kept, clean and the grounds are landscaped and well-maintained. Each of the staff were kind, caring and very attentive. They went above and beyond our expectations in caring for my father, who wasn’t always the easiest patient. Additionally, they maintained communication of his needs to the family and many times after hours. Their kindness made such a difference in managing my Dad’s care during a very difficult time. I will also add, they are especially adept in caring for patients that may have difficulty adjusting to a new home care lifestyle. If you are looking for thorough staff that will care for your family member like their own family, this is the place.” Leslie Moore, Hemet, CA